7 January 2014

Saatchi Musings

Timing its efforts to match the post holiday blues of most people in this country, January has brought with it a bout of wet and miserable weather. 

I'm talking RAIN, RAIN and more RAIN.



If you are anything like me, you'd have spent the past two weeks cooped up away from it all and relishing in one of the following:


- Eating
- Sleeping
- Nursing yourself with delicious vino
- Lounging on the sofa watching Home Alone (not just the once)
- Tea drinking
- And eating (I really can't highlight just how much of this I did)

Last weekend I decided to break the mould, dust off the cobwebs and venture out for a little nose around the Saatchi Gallery.

Today is to be a cultural day!



Having never visited before, my mind was open for business.



Now don't be mistaken, I'm no artsy fartsy type but I do appreciate a good piece of art. Come along, let's have a look around. 

First up was Kate in a rather compromising position. 


Followed by a couple of chaps carved out of Iberico Ham. 



Clearly the artist's parents never told him off for playing with his food! 

Something for the abstract taste buds..




Like I said, I'm no expert but my interpretation on the above is that the artist was trying to emulate society's desire for gluttony, variety and overindulgence. See Donald Duck sat in the middle?

What do you make of it?



Perhaps a little tickle of your spook sensors?





Creepy huh?!





A human catapult gone wrong. Lovely! 






Whilst not everything was to my taste or wave length, I felt the Saatchi gallery offered a diverse range of styles and certainly worth a visit. 

But my favourite bit naturally, was the gift shop!





A space filled with all sorts of trinkets and treasures and the most wonderful array of books. 





Including this little postcard of our Queenie. Isn't she a doll?



To round off the days activities and reward ourselves for our mind enhancing expedition, we popped into Partridges for some goodies.




It's the most decadent shop filled to the brim with delicious treats of all shapes and sizes. 

It's also famous for stocking unusual items from around the globe, including a selection of American candy like Pop Tarts, Lucky Charms & Hersheys chocolates. 

Have you visited either of these places?

No comments:

Post a Comment